Here at Urban Cooling the safety of our customers and our team is of highest importance. As we navigate through COVID-19 in the UK and the current state of lockdown we are taking some extra safety precautions to ensure we limit the exposure of COVID-19 and stay safe.
We understand that the virus is affecting every aspect of our lives and this can cause some worry and uncertainty. Urban Cooling is here to provide you with the highest level of confidence that we will provide unmatched service and customer care, all in cohesion with advice from the Government and the World Health Organisation.
Before booking in your installation, we ask that if you have symptoms of Coronavirus or if you are self-isolating that you notify us – we can then devise a suitable solution and install once it is safe to do so.
Our team of engineers will also stringently comply with social distancing measures and will not attend an installation appointment if they have symptoms of Coronavirus. In this instance, we will either send another one of our expert engineers or will rearrange the installation to ensure our customers and team stay safe.
As the situation develops day by day, we will review each installation and plan accordingly. During this period, we will be prioritising those in higher risk of developing heat exhaustion.
The people with a higher risk to this are those who are home-bound with disabilities or illnesses, elderly people with reduced mobility, people who work from home and even pets. If you are within a home or apartment where you are unable to open windows or have access to any form of cooling, there is a much higher possibility that you will suffer from heat exhaustion.
- In order to assess your premises for our air-conditioning system, we will carry out a video site survey.
- We will then send a quote via phone call or email to avoid paper quotes.
- Use and collect existing stock from our warehouse
- Our engineers have been trained to adhere to government guidelines and stringently follow personal hygiene practices, zero physical contact and 2 metre distances from occupants of the home.
- During this time, please kindly refrain from offering our engineers food and drink on the premises.
Please ensure that you let us know if you have:
- Any symptoms or have been diagnosed with Coronavirus
- Been advised to self-quarantine
- Have returned from travel abroad in any other countries within the last 14 days
- Have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Coronavirus
To protect both our engineers and our customers, you can expect:
- Thorough personal sanitisation and sanitisation of all equipment before use
- Effective cleaning of any surface in the vicinity of their workspace; before and after installation
- Each one of our engineers are equipped with disposable gloves and masks.
- Every engineer will call the customer before the appointment to ensure it is safe to carry out the installation.
- Every engineer will carry out a risk assessment with the customer regarding COVID-19 before entering the home.
- A 2 metre distance will be kept from all occupants of the home during the entirety of the installation
- Where possible, our engineers will work alone to limit person to person contact
- Stay at home and only go outside for food, health reasons or work
- If you go out, stay 2 metres away from other people at all times
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer when washing your hands is not an option
- Be conscious and limit the amount of times you touch your face
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and thoroughly wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Thank you for understanding our adapted measures as we navigate through this difficult time. If you would like to discuss our practices in further detail or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on 020 8080 9708.